Mobile swiftly moves to core of all brand communicationsPosted: March 19, 2011
From Mobile Marketer
A little older (2010) but the headings are still true.
1. Applications fInally went multi-platform – check
2. Mobile strategies went multi-faceted – agree, only a combination of applications + mobile Web + SMS can help achieve scale across diverse target audiences.
3. Mobile commerce grew – yes, sort of inevitable with for example Android activating 200,000 devices a day. The question is, did it grow at the rate expected?
The predictions for 2011 are even more interesting:
1. Everything mobile will be social – check but again growth rate?
2. Mobile in retail goes mainstream – hmmmm don’t think so
3. Mobile local commerce gets ready to scale – if you mean Groupon but I don’t think so
4. The open standards mobile Web rises – hmmmm
Someone really should (ie not me) collect, collate and compare all of these interminable ‘What will happen in x during 20yy’ articles….